Wednesday, September 1, 2010

How to integrate Social Media into our Marketing Campaign ( Part 2)



This morning, we will discuss some key points about Communitainment, paradigm shift in new media, psychographics and media habit changes in us with social media.


Understand the concept of Communitainment

Communitainment is the new model for internet usage (community, communication and entertainment)
User generated content is the media
(blogs, discussion, forums, photos and videos sharing)


What is the Paradigm shift with New Media?

1) We don’t want to passively absorb broadcast content.


2) We don’t want more one way communication.

3) People want to be in the driver seat.

4) We want to communicate with creativity.

5) We want to interact in multiple channels, create our own contents and be permanently connected.

6) We are empowered customers.


What are some psychographics changes in us?

1) It’s all about me.


2) I want to let people know about my latest thoughts, rants, opinions.

3) I tend not to listen as much.

4) I want to be engaged.

5) I like to multi-task a lot more.

6) I am a 24/7 publicist.


How about media habit changes?
 
1) I don’t watch television as much.


2) I find listening to music a chore.

3) I don’t write in proper sentences.

4) I log on to my computer first thing when I hit home.

5) I check my mobile phone now and then.

6) I have short attention span when reading newspapers.


Reflect upon yourself, as someone who is a social media user, do you find your media habits and lifestyle changed?
 
I

No comments:

Post a Comment